Zero-Clearance Inserts Zero-Clearance Inserts Craftsman #CR-3 Leecraft Zero Clearance Table Saw Insert 14-3/8"L x 3-3/4"W x 3/32"T - OUT OF STOCK
Find the Leecraft Zero-Clearance Insert for your Craftsman Table Saw
Model CR-1 14"L x 3-3/4"W x 3/16"T - Fits Craftsman belt drive models 1977 to mid 2004 (check size, see DL-1U)Model CR-2 14-3/8"L x 3-3/4"W x 3/16"T - Fits Craftsman models 113.29901, 113.29902, 113.29903, 113.29904, 113.299142, 113.29943, 113.29960
Model CR-3 14-3/8"L x 3-3/4"W x 3/32"T - Fits Craftsman models 103.29992, 113.22411, 113.27520, 113.27610, 113.27970, 113.29920, 113.29990, 113.29991, 113.29992
Model CR-4 15-1/8"L x 4-1/8"W x 1/8"T - Fits Craftsman models 351-218330, 21833
Model DL-1U 13-3/8"L x 3-3/4"W x 1/2"T - Fits Craftsman models 22104, 22114, 22124
Model SC-1 14-11/16"L x 3-3/4"W x 1/2"T - Fits Craftsman model 351.221160
Model SC-2 14-11/16"L x 3-3/4"W x 1/2"T - Fits Craftsman model 351.221160
For step-by-step installation video CLICK HERE
#CR-3 Leecraft Zero Clearance Table Saw Insert 14-3/8"L x 3-3/4"W x 3/32"T, for Sears CRAFTSMAN, Vintage 10" belt-drive, including models: 103.29992, 113.22411, 113.27520, 113.27610, 113.27970, 113.29920, 113.29990, 113.29991, and 113-29992
Use MicroJig MJ Splitter Kits for added table saw safety. Available in THICK or THIN kerf they are easily installed and simple to align. Not for use with Leecraft inserts that already have the riving knife slot cut in. Intended for inserts WITHOUT the riving knife slot.
INSTALLING AND FITTING YOUR INSERT
- Lower the blade completely.
- Place insert in table with end screw and finger hole at front and starter pocket located over blade.
- LEVELING: In many cases, shimming will be necessary to slightly raise the insert flush with table saw top. This is accomplished by using the following procedure to "Cast-in-Place" small "shims" using any of the following "hardware store" products: Thick 2-Part Epoxy glue, 2-Part Epoxy putty, or Polyester Auto-body filler (Bondo).
a) Thoroughly clean throat opening ledge with stiff brush.
b) Apply paste wax, silicone spray, or other release agent to cast iron to prevent adhesion. When dry....REPEAT.
c) With coarse sandpaper, roughen underside of lip of insert in 4 places (diagram is included with insert). Clean with lacquer thinner, acetone, or alcohol.
d) Mix small amount of material and apply "B-B" (1/8" dia) sized amounts to prepared insert.
e) Place insert in saw opening carefully and evenly press down until insert is as flush as possible; check with a straight edge.
f) When material is cured, tap insert from underside to remove.
- Back out side-adjustment screw, and then end-adjustment screw to achieve a fit that is snug, yet removable. Use a file if necessary to create a smooth, flat spot on the cast iron where each screw must bear.
CUTTING THE BLADE SLOT (KERF)
- Check that insert is fitted properly, and that blade is clear. Using a stick, reach under the table and rotate the blade manually to check for blade clearance.
- Fully cover the insert with a board, and clamp at each end to the table saw top.
- Re-connect power to saw. Switch on, slowly and cautiously raise blade up, to cut its way through the insert. KEEP HANDS OFF OF TABLE TOP, STAY CLEAR AND WEAR GOGGLES. Raise blade to maximum height at this time.
- Lower blade, turn off saw, and remove board. Your insert is now ready for use!
IMPORTANT TIPS FOR USE
- Only recommended for use with carbide tipped cutters.
- DADO BLADE - Use same procedures outlined above, but use additional caution due to excessive material being machined from insert during the slotting procedure.
- Under certain conditions, an undesirable scraping noise may be generated by your saw blade. Planer type blades and/or excessive arbor run-out, and/or blade distortion, may be causing intermittent contact with the insert slot. To remedy this, remove the insert and slightly widen the slot using a file or sanding paddle.
- Ideally, a separate insert should be used with each blade, dado stack, or angle set-up. This will insure a true "zero-clearance" effect and give you maximum benefit from your inserts.