Router Bits CMT Roundover Bits CMT Roundover Bit, 1/4-Inch Shank, 1/16-Inch Radius, Carbide-Tipped
The smaller bearing on the CMT Beading bits makes a delicate inset at the base of the cut, giving you the advantage of an extra decorative option. Be sure to keep the black bearing washer right side up to correspond with the bearing rotation when reassembling the bearing. Improper reassembly can cause the bit to unscrew. All CMT roundover bits have a 12,7mm (1/2") bearing diameter with the exception of the radius 28,6mm (1-1/8") and 31,7mm (1/4") bits which have a 19mm (3/4") bearing diameter. You have 13 different radii to choose from, the majority having 5 shank diameter options. All bits are made of Fatigue Proof® steel and have carbide-tipped cutting edges.
Shop tips: The CMT 1,6mm (1/16") radius roundover bit is excellent for finishing laminates. Virtually eliminates the filing required when using conventional trim bits.
Safety tips: use caution when working with large diameter bits and make more than one pass to gradually remove stock. Pay particular attention when routing small pieces; and always rout on a router table equipped with a fence.
Bits featuring radius from 25,4mm (1") to 38,1mm (1-1/2") are to be used only on router table.
Router bits 8/938.147.11 featuring Delrin® bearing.
- 3/4-Inch Diameter, 1/2-Inch Cutting Length, 2-5/32-Inch Overall Length
- Anti-kickback design, Non-Stick Orange Shield Coating, Equipped with a bearing
- Produces a particular rounded profile, ending up with an elegant bead on the top
- For simple tasks like easing sharp corners
- Also for more intricate jobs like making drop leaf tables, when paired up with a CMT cove bit